Tech & IP
M&C works closely with its clients on the acquisition, protection and exploitation of their intellectual property rights, particularly in the information technology and entertainment sectors. For example, we deal with branding, reputation management, enforcement of IP rights, review and negotiation of commercial agreements (including joint venture agreements, confidentiality agreements, royalty agreements, licensing agreements, etc.) and IP asset transfers in corporate acquisitions, mergers, strategic alliances and other commercial transactions.
Technology is transforming the economy and society. M&C has in-depth IT experience and understands that protection and management of intellectual property rights is vital to the success of your company. For example, our legal services in the IT area include:
- negotiation, preparation and review of commercial agreements, including: outsourcing agreements, procurement processes (including RFPs), licensing of trade-mark, copyright, trade secrets and other intellectual property, software development agreements, distribution arrangements, website development and hosting agreements and consulting/services agreements, etc.
- confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- review and preparation of internal policies related to IP (including, for example, open source software)
- due diligence, IP audits and provision of reports and legal opinions in mergers and acquisitions
- IP enforcement and dispute resolution